In February 2021, I was invited to a nail bar by my best friend, Tabitha. I was always someone that liked having my nails done but didn’t like having to go to the salon (or the prices). And when I did my nails at home they always looked terrible.
I had a blast attending the virtual party and immediately ordered several sets. I was so excited about the lack of dry time, the fun colors and styles, and the price!!
Immediately I was thinking about what it would be like to sign up. I have been a digital marketing consultant running my own business since 2017 and love it! I’m also a huge fan of multiple streams of income. My dream has always been to have a job that can go with me anywhere, and that provides the income for the household so my husband and I can travel whenever we want.
It was about this time in my life when my husband and I had also decided to move from Central Oregon to Minneapolis, Minnesota. I vividly remember bring this idea to him that I wanted to start selling nail strips and he looked at me and asked, “could you just wait until we get our house on the market!” 🙂
So I did, and in March of 2021 I officially became a Color Street stylist!
What were my motivations for becoming a stylist?
- I loved the product. I loved the price point, how easy it was to use, the way it made me feel pretty, I could go on and on. There is no way I could sell a product that I didn’t stand behind.
- I knew long term this could be a big income producer for me and my family.
- It was in line with what I was doing work wise anyway so I knew I could fit it into my schedule.
- I loved the fact that it could be done completely online and I didn’t have to do in home parties.
- It was FUN!!!
How much have I made?
Each stylist is different and each person has their own goals they want to achieve. I’m not going to share any specifics here, I’m just going to say you get what you put into it. If you want to know what the average Color Street stylist makes you can check out the Income Disclosure Statement.
What Kind of Color Street Stylist Are You?
Thinking about adding Color Street to your career path?
I’d love to see you join my team but before you do, what kind of business do you think you’re ready to build?
How much does it cost?
- So the kit you purchase is $129. It includes:
- 12 Sets of Manicure Strips
- 1 Set of Pedicure Strips
- 72 Testers
- 40 Remover Pads
- 100 Prep Pads
- 2 Large Nail Files
- 2 Nail Buffers
- 60 Mini Nail Files
- 50 Cuticle Sticks
- 25 Catalogs
- 25 Opportunity Brochures
- Road to Success Booklet
- Tote Bag
On top of that you have a $9.95 monthly fee which allows you to access the Virtual Office. That is all that is required when it comes to being a stylist.
Color Street doesn’t require you to carry any inventory so that’s a positive. It really just depends on how you want to run your business as far as additional expenses go.
For me, I love to spoil my customers. I have a stash of goodies on hand that I love to send as thank yous and thinking of yous. This is totally up to you!
What lessons have I learned?
- the business will grow as much as you put effort into it.
- the team is SUPER supportive and I have had all my questions answered and support as I build my business.
- the company is incredible. They offer so many different incentives to us as stylists as well as to our hostess and customers.
- the product is always changing. There are new styles that come out all the time and they’re beautiful. I have been so surprised by the sets that I’ve fallen in love with that I wouldn’t have ever thought I’d wear.
- I can fit it into my existing business. It doesn’t take up too much extra time. And because the parties are virtual I can have them scheduled and ready to go.
- I’ve met some amazing people and made new friends through this company. It is so inspiring to work with amazing women that lift each other up and support each other’s growth.
Becoming a stylist for Color Street was a great decision for me. I’m excited to see how it continues to grow and what opportunities it gives me and my family. If you have any questions about becoming a stylist, let me know! I’m an open book and would love to answer them for you.