Self-Care is all about taking some time for your own physical and mental health. As women and/or moms we tend to be the caregivers and carving out time for ourselves isn’t a priority or we feel selfish doing it. Just remember, that when you aren’t at your best for yourself you can’t be at your best for others.
Here are 15 ideas you can try for self-care!
Regular Activies You can Put in Your Calendar
1. Exercise – going to the gym or even a long walk.
2. Weekly coffee with a friend or partner.
3. Create a morning routine that feels good for you!
4. Start a Gratitude Journal and write in. itat the beginning or end of every day.
Activities for Days You’re Feeling Overwhelmed
5. Play a game on your phone for 15 minutes.
6. Lay on your back on the floor and take a few deep breaths.
7. Sit on the couch and read a book.
8. Go for a walk around the block.
Bigger Self-Care Items
9. Plan a spa day.
10. Take a weekend trip by yourself.
11. Play hookey.
12. Get a manicure or pedicure.
Self-Care that Takes Practice and Consistency
14. See a therapist.
The key thing here is to figure out what feels good for you. If it doesn’t bring you joy or light you up then it’s not actually self-care.
Make a list of things that you can do quickly and leave them by your desk. Keep another list in your bathroom to remind you in the morning. Put things in your calendar so you have the space blocked off – then keep it! A date with yourself is just as important as the meetings, kids activities and other obligations.
Want to dive deeper? Here are some additional resources you might find helpful.
Episode 4: How Self Awareness Helps Ali Cammelletti Live Her Best Life
[podcast] Remembering to Care for Ourselfs | Digital Marketing Therapy
Psychology Today Article: Self-Care: 12 Ways to Take Better Care of Yourself